Saturday, September 19, 2009

Jana's New Groove

Today, Jana completed the second foot race in her entire life. The first happened on the 4th of July this year. She participated with a friend in the ward along today's Kansas City Zoo 4 Mile Run/Walk. Finished in 34 min. 46 sec. Not too shabby! (8 min. 41 sec. mile) The kids enjoyed cheering her on. However, Jayci would NOT go near the inflatable foreigners in the pink and green latex suits, more formally known as Hallmark's "Hoops" and "Yo-Yo."

2 comments:

Denise said...

*wolf whistle* Way to go Jana! Work it, work it, own it...

I think I would be a little scared of a giant Hoops and Yoyo too.

Heather said...

Great job Jana! So you too are developing late onset athleticism?

On a side note, I made your Chocolate Lover's Chili a few weeks ago. I always thought that just sounded wrong but I was going to a chocolate-themed cooking group. When else would I make that? I loved it! Thanks.