Thursday, March 19, 2009

Oh No! The Big 4-0!

For Todd's 40th birthday I threw him a Murder Mystery Dinner Party. It had an 80's theme and was so much fun! We had yummy food, watched clips of favorite 80's movies, (Footloose, Back to the Future, Thriller, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Top Gun - Ahhh, good times!) and played 80's themed games as we rocked out to such tunes as "We are the World" and "Love Shack". We all had to be in character (real stars from the 80's with slightly different names) as we revealed clues and tried to figure out who was the murderer at the party. It was totally awesome and there was no shortage of big hair and bright colors! I have to say remembering to poof my hair was just like learning to ride a bike. You never really forget :-) Boofy or straight? Boofy or straight? You gotta go BOOFY!!!! (That was for my Coverlook Gals.)

One of the many Geezer Gifts


Polly Abdool & Nork from Pork


WeePee Vermon & Lindy Lauper

Alligator Dundee & Toni Oregano

Debbie Gribson & Danny Son


5 comments:

Denise said...

Jana, you rock! Such a fun idea. I already know about Mork and Paula Abdul, but I'm trying to figure out the rest of the characters, and I'm stuck. I think I see Toni Basil, and Cyndi Lauper, and the Karate Kid...

WTG with the poofy hair. It looks very authentic. I don't think I could make my stick-straight hair get big again without the all-important perm, and I'm just not that committed, lol.

Jana said...

Sorry Denise. I meant to label the pics. So now the mystery is solved. Those were the names the game gave each character. Sadly Spunky Brewster and Louie Skullnick got sick kids at the last minute and weren't able to make it...

Jason said...

Happy Birthday Old-man Todd! It's been a while since I've spoken with you, but I found your blog a few months ago and I have enjoyed learning about your life and fam.
Although I have only known you since the early '90s, I must admit that seeing Jana dressed up as Paula Abdul made me laugh and sparked a little memory. The first time we met was '91 when I joined you just outside of Soda Springs as your only passenger on our way to work at Camp Loll. I was the only passenger because the entire back seat of your car was taken up by your massive subwoofers. The entire way up you BLASTED the tracks from only one cassette in my ears: Paula Abdul's Get Up and Dance Hits. By the time we arrived at Camp Loll, I couldn't hear for a week and I was soooo sick of Paula Abdul that I don't think I have ever listened to one of her songs since. Thanks for the memories.

Colton Anne said...

Looks like it all turned out great! What is funny is that a bulk of the clothing is sort of back in style now! :)

Anonymous said...

looks like you guys had a great time. Happy birthday.

Popes